Roles and permissions
This reference describes track access control and team settings.
Instruqt users can have these permissions:
- Create and copy tracks.
- Edit tracks
- Play tracks.
- Skip challenges within a track.
And the permissions that apply to a user are determined by:
- The user's role in the team:
- Content creator
- Whether the user is defined as a track author for a track.
- The Track options:
Instruqt users with the owner or content creator role can create and copy tracks.
- Instruqt users with the owner or content creator role.
- The track authors. (Note: this includes authors with the member role.)
- Instruqt users with the owner role and track authors can always play a track.
- All team members can play a track if the track is not in maintenance.
- Anyone with access through an embed or invite link can play a track if it is not in maintenance.
- All team members.
- Track authors.
Additionally, anyone can skip challenges if the
Allow skippingsetting is turned on for the track.
Prevent accidental updates to a track
Remove all track authors, so only users with the owner role in your team can edit a track.
Depending on their role, Instruqt users have elevated permissions to perform administrative tasks: