Integrate using LTI
Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) specifies a method for a learning system to invoke and to communicate.
This guide explains how to integrate Instruqt tracks within an LTI 1.1 compliant learning management system (LMS).
Intruqt offers LTI integrations using the LTI 1.1 specification and LTI Basic Outcomes for result feedback.
Scoring is done on completion of a track, where the result given is always a score of 1.0 or (100%). Meaning a track can either be complete or incomplete. More precise scoring is not supported at this point in time.
Most major LMS platforms such as Moodle, Thought Industries and Canvas support LTI 1.1. Follow the steps below to integrate one of your Instruqt tracks with your LMS of choice.
To get started a unique Consumer Key and Consumer Secret will need to be generated for your team. This step is only required once and the same credentials can be used across tracks and LMS platforms.
🌐 Web UI
- 2.Click Team settings > API keys ↳ The Manage API keys page opens.
- 3.Under LTI Credentials are the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret fields, if they are empty click Generate credentials. ↳ Credentials will be populated in the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret fields.
- 4.If there are already credentials present they can be regenerate by clicking Regenerate Credentials.
Once LTI credentials have been generated a section with track specific configuration details will be available on the track embed page.
These configuration details will consist of the previously generated Consumer Key and Secret Key (for ease of access) and a track specific URL for the track in context.
🌐 Web UI
- 2.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you want to embed. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page.
- 3.Click Edit track details followed by Embed. ↳ The Embed page open, under LTI Configuration you will see the values needed to configure an LTI 1.1 tool consumer for use of current track.
- 4.Copy the 3 the config values to your LMS LTI 1.1 configuration page. These values are most commonly named Tool URL, Consumer Key, and Secret Key LMS platforms.
Not one for words? Heres a video tutorial demonstrating LTI integration.