Pull a track
Bring the track files to your machine to take care of everything yourself.
This guide explains how to pull all the track files from the Instruqt platform to your machine to further develop your track from within a code editor.
Pulling a track takes the following steps:
🌐 Web UI
- 2.Click the track you want to pull to your machine. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track dashboard page.
- 3.In the Settings section, click Edit.
- 4.Note the track URL in the Track URL field.
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 1.Open a terminal and move into the directory where you want to have the track files.
- 2.Enter the following command:instruqt track pull TRACK_SLUG⇨ Replace
TRACK_SLUGwith the track slug that you determined in step 1.If you are a member of multiple teams, add the corresponding team of the track you want to pull:instruqt track pull TEAM/TRACK_SLUG↳ Instruqt CLI pulls the track files to your machine and places them in a hierarchy of subdirectories. The output will look something like this:==> Finding track by slug: TEAM/TRACK_SLUG==> Updating local track:TRACK_SLUG├── 01-welcome-to-instruqt│ ├── assignment.md│ └── setup-workstation├── 02-installing-the-cli│ ├── assignment.md│ ├── check-workstation│ └── solve-workstation├── 03-instruqt-auth-login│ ├── assignment.md│ ├── check-workstation│ ├── setup-workstation│ └── solve-workstation├── track_scripts│ └── setup-workstation├── config.yml└── track.ymlOK
Not one for words? Check out this video tutorial on how to push and pull tracks.