Add a quiz to a track
Increase the efficiency of your learners.
This guide explains how to add a quiz to a track from Web UI and Instruqt CLI.
A quiz is a multiple-choice question the learner must answer during track play before proceeding to the next challenge or finishing the track. Quizzes help learners to:
- Motivate to learn.
- Remember what was learned.
- Assess what was learned.
Each quiz needs at least two possible answers and you can assign one or more answers as correct.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you want to add a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page.
- 3.Click Add challenge as a quiz is a special type of challenge.
- 4.In the Title field, enter your title for the quiz—for example,
- 5.In the Slug field, enter your slug—for example,
- 6.In the Type list, select Quiz. ↳ Down the bottom, Instruqt shows the Quiz answers heading and a New answer button.
- 7.In the Editor tab, enter your assignment text in Markdown. For example:What is the next company Elon will buy?
- 8.Click New answer to create the first possible answer.
- 9.In the Answer field, enter your answer description—for example,
- 10.Select the Correct answer checkbox to set the answer as correct. Leave the checkbox unchecked to set the answer as wrong. For now, leave it unchecked.
- 11.Click New answer and add
Metaas the right answer.
- 12.Click New answer again and add
Instruqtas a wrong answer.
- 13.Click Save to add the quiz. ↳ Instruqt shows the Track overview page again.
- 14.Click Start track and test the newly added quiz.
A quiz is a special type of challenge, so you will add a challenge to your track and transform this challenge into a quiz.
- 1.Open a terminal and activate your track directory:cd DIRECTORY_NAME⇨ Replace
DIRECTORY_NAMEwith your track directory.
- 2.Add a challenge to the trackinstruqt challenge create --title "CHALLENGE_TITLE"⇨ Replace
CHALLENGE_TITLEwith your title—for example,
- 3.Open the
assignment.mdfile of the newly created challenge in your code editor and replace its content with the following:---slug: elon-enigmatype: quiztitle: Elon's enigmateaser: Elon's enigmaanswers:- Jira- Meta- Instruqtsolution:- 2difficulty: basictimelimit: 600---What is the next company Elon will buy?
- 4.Save the
assignment.mdfile and move back to Instruqt CLI to deploy the updated track:
- 5.instruqt track push
- 7.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you added a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page, including the newly added quiz.
- 8.Click Start track and test the quiz.