Add a quiz to a track
Increase the efficiency of your learners.
This guide explains how to add a quiz to a track from Web UI and Instruqt CLI.
A quiz is a multiple-choice question the learner must answer during track play before proceeding to the next challenge or finishing the track. Quizzes help learners to:
- Motivate to learn.
- Remember what was learned.
- Assess what was learned.
Each quiz needs at least two possible answers and you can assign one or more answers as correct.
You must have already built a track to which you can add a quiz. Follow the guide Create a track from a template if needed.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you want to add a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page.
- 3.Click Add challenge as a quiz is a special type of challenge.
- 4.In the Title field, enter your title for the quiz—for example,
- 5.In the Slug field, enter your slug—for example,
- 6.In the Type list, select Quiz. ↳ Down the bottom, Instruqt shows the Quiz answers heading and a New answer button.
- 7.In the Editor tab, enter your assignment text in Markdown. For example:What is the next company Elon will buy?
- 8.Click New answer to create the first possible answer.
- 9.In the Answer field, enter your answer description—for example,
- 10.Select the Correct answer checkbox to set the answer as correct. Leave the checkbox unchecked to set the answer as wrong. For now, leave it unchecked.
- 11.Click New answer and add
Metaas the right answer.
- 12.Click New answer again and add
Instruqtas a wrong answer.
- 13.Click Save to add the quiz. ↳ Instruqt shows the Track overview page again.
- 14.Click Start track and test the newly added quiz.
A quiz is a special type of challenge, so you will add a challenge to your track and transform this challenge into a quiz.
- 1.Open a terminal and activate your track directory:cd DIRECTORY_NAME⇨ Replace
DIRECTORY_NAMEwith your track directory.
- 2.Add a challenge to the trackinstruqt challenge create --title "CHALLENGE_TITLE"⇨ Replace
CHALLENGE_TITLEwith your title—for example,
- 3.Open the
assignment.mdfile of the newly created challenge in your code editor and replace its content with the following:---slug: elon-enigmatype: quiztitle: Elon's enigmateaser: Elon's enigmaanswers:- Jira- Meta- Instruqtsolution:- 2difficulty: basictimelimit: 600---What is the next company Elon will buy?
- 4.Save the
assignment.mdfile and move back to Instruqt CLI to deploy the updated track:
- 5.instruqt track push
- 7.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you added a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page, including the newly added quiz.
- 8.Click Start track and test the quiz.
Great job! Your tracks keep getting better and better. How about adding a script to check challenge execution to go even further?