Comment on page
Add a quiz to a track
Increase the efficiency of your learners.
This guide explains how to add a quiz to a track from Web UI and Instruqt CLI.
A quiz is a multiple-choice question the learner must answer during track play before proceeding to the next challenge or finishing the track. Quizzes help learners to:
- Motivate to learn.
- Remember what was learned.
- Assess what was learned.
Each quiz needs at least two possible answers and you can assign one or more answers as correct.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you want to add a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track dashboard page.
- 3.In the Challenges section, click Add new as a quiz is a special type of challenge.
- 4.In the Name field, enter your name for the quiz—for example,
The Ultimate Question.
- 5.In the URL field, enter your URL—for example,
- 6.Pick the Multiple choice challenge type.
- 7.Click Save. ↳ The New challenge pop-up closes.
- 8.In the Challenges section, click your newly created challenge. ↳ The Edit challenge page opens.
- 9.Click Quiz.
- 10.In the Question field, enter your question text in Markdown. For example:What's the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life,The Universe, and Everything?
- 11.Click Add answer to create the first possible answer.
- 12.In the Answer option field, enter your answer description—for example,
- 13.Select the This is a correct answer checkbox to set the answer as correct. Leave the checkbox unchecked to set the answer as wrong. For now, leave it unchecked.
- 14.Click Add answer and add
42as the right answer.
- 15.Click Add answer again and add
Cosmic unityas a wrong answer.
- 16.Click Save changes, followed by Back to track. ↳ Instruqt shows the Track dashboard page again.
- 17.Click Play track and test the newly added quiz.
A quiz is a special type of challenge, so you will add a challenge to your track and transform this challenge into a quiz.
- 1.Open a terminal and activate your track directory:cd DIRECTORY_NAME⇨ Replace
DIRECTORY_NAMEwith your track directory.
- 2.Add a challenge to the trackinstruqt challenge create --title "CHALLENGE_TITLE"⇨ Replace
CHALLENGE_TITLEwith your title—for example,
- 3.Open the
assignment.mdfile of the newly created challenge in your code editor and replace its content with the following:---slug: elon-enigmatype: quiztitle: Elon's enigmateaser: Elon's enigmaanswers:- Jira- Meta- Instruqtsolution:- 2difficulty: basictimelimit: 600---What is the next company Elon will buy?
- 4.Save the
assignment.mdfile and move back to Instruqt CLI to deploy the updated track:
- 5.instruqt track push
- 7.Click the TRACK_NAME of the track you added a quiz to. ↳ Instruqt shows the corresponding Track overview page, including the newly added quiz.
- 8.Click Start track and test the quiz.