Set up a SaaS/Business Application
Display and teach your Business Application with Instruqt
The SaaS/Business Application tracks are in private beta. Please contact support for more information and early access.
Instruqt allows to use a dedicated browser and offer learning by doing for any SaaS or business application that is available through a browser.
In order to do so, we will follow with a guide on how to create a track from scratch from Web UI and Instruqt CLI.
Did you check the Build tracks page? This page introduces the concept of building your first Instruqt tracks.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click Create track. ↳ Instruqt shows the Start creating content page.
- 3.Click From scratch. ↳ Instruqt shows the Create track from scratch pop up.
- 4.In the Title field, enter the track title. ↳ As you enter the title, Instruqt automatically generates a slug in the Track slug field. In the Select team field, select one of the available teams.You can manually change the track slug field if desired.
- 5.Click Create↳ Track is created & Instruqt shows Track detail page.
- 6.In the Time limit field, set the maximum time a user can have the track running for.
- 7.In the Teaser field, enter the short track description (optional).
- 8.In the Editor tab of the Description field, enter the track description in Markdown (optional).
- 9.In the Assignment display settings, set your desired layout for your challenge assignment (optional).
- 10.Click Next. ↳ Instruqt shows the Sandbox page, which gives you the option to select Create new sandbox, or Use sandbox preset.
- 11.Click on Create new sandbox ↳ Instruqt shows the Sandbox Customisation page, which gives you option to Add a host.
- 12.If you click Add a host, you will have the option to add either a Container, a Virtual machine (VM) or a Website service. In this case, click on Website service and a Name (identifier that's gonna be used as a Hostname) and a URL (to the desired SaaS/Business Application) will be required. After filling the fields, click on Add host.Website service host can be combined with any other host type.
- 13.Once you have added all the hosts you need, click Next. ↳ Instruqt shows the Challenge page.
- 14.In the Title field, enter the challenge title.
- 15.In the Teaser field, enter the short challenge description (optional).
- 16.Click Next. ↳ Instruqt shows the Challenge - Introduction page.
- 17.In the Select a type list, select the Text type.
- 18.In the Editor tab of the Description field, enter the challenge description in Markdown.
- 19.Click Next twice. ↳ Instruqt shows the Challenge - Assignment and tabs page.
- 20.In the Editor tab of the Assignment field, enter the assignment text in Markdown.
- 21.In the Tab title field, enter the name of the tab.
- 22.In the Tab type list, select the Virtual browser, which will allow to display the website configured previously.
- 23.In the Sandbox host list, select one of the hosts available.Virtual Browser tab type can only be linked to a Website Service host.
- 24.Click Next. ↳ Instruqt shows the Launch your track page.
- 25.Click Finish. ↳ Instruqt builds the track and shows the Track overview page.
- 1.Type the following command to create a track:instruqt track create
- 2.Enter the track title:==> Track title: TRACK_TITLE
- 3.Enter option 1 to select
From scratch:==> Start with an empty track or use a template: From scratchFor full flexibility, start with an empty track From a templateTo get started quickly, start from one of our templatesPlease select your method: 1↳ Instruqt CLI creates the track and shows this output:==> Creating track TEAM/TRACK_NAME==> Creating track filesCreated track directory and configuration files:TRACK_NAME├── config.yml└── track.ymlOK⇨
TRACK_TITLEwill contain your team and track title.
- 4.Change into the track directory:cd TRACK_NAME
- 5.Modify the
config.ymlfile:version: "3"virtualbrowsers:- name: NAMEurl: URL
URLwill be the website hostname and url respectively.
- 6.Create a challenge:instruqt challenge create --title CHALLENGE_TITLE↳ Instruqt CLI creates the challenge and shows the following output:==> Creating challenge==> Reading track definitionOK==> Creating challenge filesCreated challenge directory and template:TRACK_NAME└── 01-CHALLENGE_TITLE├── assignment.md├── check-shell├── cleanup-shell├── setup-shell└── solve-shellOK
- 7.Modify the
assignment.mdfile:---slug: CHALLENGE_TITLEtype: challengetitle: CHALLENGE_TITLEteaser: A short description of the challenge.notes:- type: textcontents: Replace this text with your own texttabs:- title: TAB_TITLEtype: browserhostname: NAMEdifficulty: basictimelimit: 600---Replace this text with the desired assignment content
CHALLENGE_TITLE: should match the title defined in the previous challenge creation step. TAB_TITLE: define a title for the tab. NAME: this field should match the hostname previously defined in the config.yml file.
- 8.Push the track to Instruqt:instruqt track push
Well done! Now you can play your track to see if everything works as expected.