Comment on page
Create a track from scratch
Control everything right from the start.
This guide explains how to create a track from scratch from Web UI and Instruqt CLI.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click Create track. Select Start from scratch from the dropdown. ↳ Instruqt creates an empty track and shows the Track dashboard page.
- 3.In the Settings section, click Edit. ↳ The Track details pop-up opens.
- 4.In the Track name field, enter the track name. ↳ As you enter the name, Instruqt automatically generates a URL in the Track URL field.You can manually change the track URL field if desired.
- 5.In the Time limit field, set the maximum time a user can have the track running for.
- 6.In the Description field, enter the short track description in Markdown (optional).
- 7.Click Additional settings to set your desired layout for your challenge assignment (optional).
- 8.Click Save.
- 1.Type the following command to create a track:instruqt track create
- 2.Enter the track title:==> Track title: TRACK_TITLE
- 3.Enter option 1 to select
From scratch:==> Start with an empty track or use a template: From scratchFor full flexibility, start with an empty track From a templateTo get started quickly, start from one of our templatesPlease select your method: 1↳ Instruqt CLI creates the track and shows this output:==> Creating track TEAM/TRACK_NAME==> Creating track filesCreated track directory and configuration files:TRACK_NAME├── config.yml└── track.ymlOK⇨
TRACK_TITLEwill contain your team and track title.'
- 4.Change into the track directory:cd TRACK_NAME
- 5.Push the track to Instruqt:instruqt track push
Well done! Now you can play your track to see if everything works as expected.