Publish a draft sandbox preset
This guide explains how publishing a draft sandbox preset to make it available for usage in tracks and shared hot-start pools.
To make use of a sandbox preset on a track or shared hot-start pool there must be a published version. Tracks and hot-start pools will always use the published version of a sandbox preset.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click Create a new preset. ↳ Instruqt shows the Create sandbox preset page.
- 3.Click Team settings > Sandbox presets. ↳ The Sandbox presets page opens.
- 4.Click the drafts tab ↳ Instruqt shows see all the current sandbox preset draft versions
- 5.Either click Publish on the chosen draft or click on the draft and then Save and publish on the next page ↳ Instruqt shows a modal prompting for a Commit message
- 6.Enter a Commit message (optional):Commit messages are used to track and describe changes over time. Commit messages should be brief and describe what changes where made.
- 7.Click Yes, publish. ↳ Instruqt shows the Sandbox presets page with the published tab in focus.
Publishing from Instruqt CLI involves pushing your changes to the Instruqt platform to create a draft and running the publish command. Take the following steps to publish a sandbox preset:
- 1.Move into your track directory:cd DIRECTORY_NAME⇨ Replace
DIRECTORY_NAMEwith your sandbox preset directory.
- 2.Enter the following command to push your changes and ensure the draft on the Instruqt platform is updated with your local changes:instruqt sandbox push↳ Instruqt shows this output:==> Pushing config (SANDBOX_PRESET_SLUG)OK
- 3.Enter the following command:instruqt sandbox publish --message="YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGE"⇨ Replace
YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGEwith a commit message for the new changes. ↳ Instruqt shows this output:==> Publishing config (SANDBOX_PRESET_SLUG)Change log message: YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGEOK
Once a draft is published all tracks using the preset will be updated to use the latest published version and all shared hot-start pools will be drained and provisioned with the new published version.