Update a sandbox preset
This guide explains how to make changes to a sandbox preset using Web UI or Instruqt CLI.
You should already created a sandbox preset by following the instructions on the Create a sandbox preset page.
Pick the Web UI or the Instruqt CLI route depending on your preference:
🌐 Web UI
💻 Instruqt CLI
- 2.Click Team settings > Sandbox presets. ↳ The Sandbox presets page opens.
- 3.Under Published tab click Edit on the preset you would like to make changes too. ↳ The Edit sandbox preset page opens for the chosen preset
- 4.Make the desired changes to the sandbox preset.
- 5.Either click Save to drafts if the preset is not ready for use and needs later modifications. ↳ Instruqt shows the Sandbox presets page with the drafts tab in focus.
- 6.Or click Save and publish if the is ready for use use. ↳ Instruqt shows a modal prompting for a Commit message
- 7.Enter a Commit message (optional):Commit messages are used to track and describe changes over time. Commit messages should be brief and describe what changes where made.
- 8.Click Yes, publish. ↳ Instruqt shows the Sandbox presets page with the published tab in focus.
- 1.Move into your track directory:cd DIRECTORY_NAME⇨ Replace
DIRECTORY_NAMEwith your sandbox preset directory.
- 2.Make the desired changes to the
- 3.Ensure the changes between the local copy and remote preset are as expected by using the
diffcommand:instruqt sandbox diff↳ Instruqt shows this output:==> Running diff==> Fetching remote version...==> Diff produced the following changes:--- remote/config.yml+++ local/config.yml@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@name: My first presetslug: my-first-preset-description: A long description.+description: This is a new description.containers:- name: ubuntuimage: ubuntu:20.04--- remote/scripts/setup-ubuntu+++ local/scripts/setup-ubuntu@@ -1 +1 @@-echo "hello from ubuntu container"+echo "this has been changed"OK
- 4.Enter the following command to push your changes to the Instruqt platform:instruqt sandbox push↳ Instruqt shows this output:==> Pushing config (SANDBOX_PRESET_SLUG)OK
- 5.If the changes are ready for use run the publish command:
- 6.instruqt sandbox publish --message="YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGE"⇨ Replace
YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGEwith a commit message for the new changes. ↳ Instruqt shows this output:==> Publishing config (SANDBOX_PRESET_SLUG)Change log message: YOUR_COMMIT_MESSAGEOK
Once a draft is published all tracks using the preset will be updated to use the latest published version and all shared hot-start pools will be drained and provisioned with the new published version.